photo printers with screens on, what can they do

1973scotty 16:53 11 Apr 05

Hi can anyone please advise me on these new photo printers with the screens built in. what can they do. can they really fix everything like photoshop.
I am looking for a printer that prints at a high quality & print onto blank discs. can anyone please advise me on this.
is epson still the best make to buy.
cheers

TomJerry 17:03 11 Apr 05

most model only print one size, i.e. 6x4, the cost per print (ink and paper) is about 30p.

You can use commericial printing house such as Jessops for 10p if you print 50 in one go. Some on-line sevices are very easy to use. You can modify your photos and email off for printing out and get the results back in a few days.

If you want big size, you can get printing house to do it and use a good quality A4 printer to do it.

Indigo 1 17:04 11 Apr 05

As the screens are quite small I doubt very much if you could edit your pictures with the same detail as Photoshop on a large PC screen.

If you already have Photoshop or similar editing suite then you are better off sticking with it and choose a printer without the screen, these appear to be mainly for people who don't want to shell out for top class software and a good quality graphics card to to edit their snaps.

Technotiger 17:05 11 Apr 05

Hi, I like Epson, but there are plenty of others equally good. Have a look at this click-here for details of lots of PhotoPrinters.

click here

Cheers

Technotiger 17:09 11 Apr 05

Sorry that url has been changed - go to this one and click on PhotoPrinters in left-hand column.

click here

Cheers.

1973scotty 10:32 13 Apr 05

so what type of graphics card do i need.

jack 12:01 13 Apr 05

The printers with a LCD screen on dispaly an image of the picture load into the printer via a media slot.
This enables the printer to be operated without resort to a computer.
Varying from model/make to model/make the amount of 'editing' is very limited.
To edit images a computer is still a requirement.

As you have a computer, you will not need such as device.
A good photo printer Epson R200 without card reader
or R300 with card reader[And screen as an extra]
will do the business - but forget the screen as a consideration when purchasing.
By the way the graphics card in your machine has no connection- printer screens are quite indipendant

hssutton 12:02 13 Apr 05

Yes, the newer printers will do just about anything you want, Crop, enhance,even red-eye reduction,it's already been pointed out the LCD screens are very small, but, "fix everything like PS does" nothing does, that's why it's the world leader and costs a fortune

Indigo 1 12:17 13 Apr 05

"so what type of graphics card do i need."

It depends what you want to do and what type of card you have now.

jack 19:36 13 Apr 05

I repeat. The question 'What sort of Graphics card do I need?' in relation to the topic is not relevant. The graphics delivered by the computer
do not have any relation to the screen in the printer. They are strictly independant of each other.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…