Photo Printer: Various considerations

PastorSmith 20:37 10 Sep 07

Photo Printer:

Im interersted in purchasing an HP C5280, to print mainly [ictures for my office & family. I settled on the C5280 because it has just the 1-cartridge for colour, & 1 for black.

Reasons are, I am taking this printer overseas, and i have to stock-up on cartridges, therefore a printer with seperate colour tanks/cartridges for MAGENTA, CYAN, etc etc will be a iability for me. Also, I cannot consider CANON, because there are simply no cartridges avaiable for the CANON photo-printers; at least, I am told the HP Photosmarts cartridges appear on the market from time to time. Any comments or suggestions on whther this is a good buy, or whether there is an alternative I am not considering would be very welcome

Thanks!

Clapton is God 21:11 10 Sep 07

"I cannot consider CANON, because there are simply no cartridges avaiable for the CANON photo-printers"

What exactly does this statement mean?

I use a Canon photo printer and cartridges are readily available.

PastorSmith 21:24 10 Sep 07

I should have added "... no cartridges available for the CANON phot-printers where i am going to". My apologies, i thought it was implied.

I was referring to the lack of printer-ink supplies having been a factor in making my choice, first of all in an HP, and secondly in a nodel that didn't have too many ink-tanks to replenish, and I am asking if there is any advice on a similar or alternate model that prints better for same cost or a little more in cost that I should also consider?

Clapton is God 07:32 11 Sep 07

Choice Stationery are regularly recommended for all makes of printer supplies in these Forums click here and, as far as I know, will even deliver "overseas".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced