Photo Paper

Ex plorer 08:27 AM 27 Apr 11
Answered

Hi I am about to print 185 photos A4 size on a canon Pixma ip4000. My usual paper found to be very good is Epson Part No:C13S041256 Matt Heavy weight 167 grams.

I have never tried Canon GP-501 Everyday use (A4) Glossy Photo Paper any comments would be interesting.

I will be using original ink from canon. Any one know if one set of ink tanks will do the job.

wee eddie 08:39 AM 27 Apr 11

I'm not really a Photo person but from what I've been told, you'll get the job done considerably cheaper in the High Street.

Quickbeam 08:41 AM 27 Apr 11

For a print run of that size, I wouldn't experiment with a deviation from a known matched quality. I usually find that a change in paper or ink always gives a fair few unacceptable results until I'm happy with the result.

woodchip 10:16 AM 27 Apr 11

Epson is the best paper you can use for Photos or anything, not the cheapest but is the best results you can get, from a inkjet printer

woodchip 10:18 AM 27 Apr 11

PS One to stay away from is HP gloss paper, complete wast of money

SB23 14:11 PM 27 Apr 11
Answer

I'm with wee eddie on this one.

I posted a while back on costs of printing, and have just recently got rid of my photo printer as it was costing a fortune. I now pay less than 8p per photo where as before it was approx 50p per photo. I even pay less again but that depends on the number of copies I want.

As for the ink amount, if your printer is anything close to what mine was like, I would suspect that more ink will be required, but again, that will depend on the quality of your prints.

Ex plorer 23:20 PM 27 Apr 11

Thanks all for advice.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…