photo organiser

oseven 19:08 24 Apr 07

Looking for a nice,easy to use,free photo organiser.Jusy want to tag photos to make them easier to find.Don't need any fancy cropping or editing facilities.All those that can be purchased seem full of bits I will not use .Any ideas please?

howard64 19:10 24 Apr 07

picasa2 from google free and very good

hssutton 19:18 24 Apr 07

I 2nd picasa, I ue it in preference to photoshops organiser. click here You will also be able to create an online album with 250mb free storage space

Belatucadrus 20:04 24 Apr 07

click here for cPicture, also free and good.

Belatucadrus 20:06 24 Apr 07

My mistake, not free any longer.

hssutton 23:17 24 Apr 07

Update on picasa, when I first started to use the Picasa/Google web album I'm pretty sure there was a 250mg free storage limit, having just uploaded a few photos I now see that the free storage is indeed 1gb

oseven 16:27 25 Apr 07

Can Windows Media Player 11 be used to tag photos as Picaso is I thought a photo editor as well as a tagging facility.I have plenty of editing facilities already.I know Vista comes with a tagging facility which is apparently excellent.It would be convenient if this could also be done within XP.Thanks for your suggestions.

hssutton 17:55 25 Apr 07

Just ignore the editor part, I do as I use Adobe lightroom and CS2.

I have not fully investigated Windows Photo Gallery in Vista, but A quick check shows problems importing raw files and also importing from flashcard, downloads may be available, but as picasa does all this and more, I see no point in looking further

Kate B 18:01 25 Apr 07

Lightroom is lovely - I really like it.

oseven 17:28 27 Apr 07

Lightroom looks good but is hardly FREE.

hssutton 17:50 27 Apr 07

No one suggested that it was, but then Adobe gave it to a great many people for free, myself included. Now if they would just make me a free gift of CS3 I would be a very happy bunny

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…