Photo noise reduction software

fpg 15:03 28 Dec 05

My digital images taken in low light are spoilt by digital noise. A bit like grain in film. Is there any software or plugin which can improve noisy images?

woodchip 15:09 28 Dec 05

It can be done, but they tend to look blurred after

hssutton 16:00 28 Dec 05

Yes you can improve noisy images, and this can be done very successfully, try this freeware version click here, it also happens to be one of the best

fpg 20:01 28 Dec 05

Thanks HSSutton - I downloaded the free version of Picture Cooler and tried it on some of my images. It is quite a sophisticted program with slider controls so that you can decide between removing noise artifacts and sharpness. It costs only £9.08 so I have registered and ordered a full copy.
I know HSS is aware of the details but other readers may be interested. It must be worth a few megapics extra on a digital camera

Bebee 20:06 28 Dec 05

click here and click here are the highly recommended programs in the photographic community. You can download trials. Reviews click here

hssutton 21:00 28 Dec 05

fpg, yes the full copy is well worth the money.

fpg 22:49 28 Dec 05

Thanks also to Bebee who has provided choices for other keen digital photographers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…