Photo Matt & Inkjet Coated Paper

KARINA 08:12 07 Jun 03

I am in a bit of a dilemma here.......how can you tell which side is up for 'photo matt paper' and 'inkjet coated paper' ...........on the photo matt paper both sides print okay although one side prints the print a bit on the lighter side.......one side is cream coloured and one side is white.........on the inkjet coated paper both the sides just look the same...........although when i ordered the inkjet paper it said it was coated on one side.......please help..........

KARINA 08:14 07 Jun 03

Saying that i think i will stick to glossy coated paper next time.................lol

jbaker65 10:35 07 Jun 03

Hi, there is usually an arrow printed on the wrapping that your paper comes in to show which side is up. cheers,John.

KARINA 10:40 07 Jun 03

THERE IS NO ARROW I'M AFRAID...........

wee eddie 19:34 07 Jun 03

you will find a piece of paper that usually tells you how to look after the paper and which side is the top. Some times, with a paper wrap, this information is printed on the side.

It is unusual for paper to be packed upside down.

So the top/print side is probably on the top

KARINA 20:28 07 Jun 03

Thanks for that............

Totally-braindead 20:41 07 Jun 03

The white side is the right side to print on.

KARINA 20:49 07 Jun 03

That was exactly what i thought ..........for the matt paper........but i thought i'd just ask.......thanks ........thats a funny username.....totally-braindead.....lol.....i should have named myself that.......fancy a swap.........

wee eddie 02:25 08 Jun 03

I wasn't intending to be sarcastic. It's just that these things would sometimes even escape the notice of a Steven Hawkins.

It was a while before I twigged that there was an A and a B side to almost all types of paper.

KARINA 08:00 08 Jun 03

Thats true wee eddie ..............

Peter 11:25 08 Jun 03

As has been "said" already, the white side of the 'photo matt paper' is the correct side to print on.

As for the 'inkjet coated paper', if you can't remember how it came out of the packet, hold a sheet up so that the light from your room light reflects off of it. On the non printing side you should notice an area (a band across the middle of the sheet when you are holding the paper at either side of the long side) of slight glossyness. On the printing side no (or very little) reflection should be seen.

Peter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…