Photo imaging software

surfer47 17:12 21 Jan 08

Does any one have any thoughts on photo imaging software preferaby not too dear?

Diodorus Siculus 17:15 21 Jan 08

What is it you want to do?

PhotoShop Elements is pretty good for the price; about £60 I think.

TheGimp is excellent and free.

Picasa is top class for keeping images in order.

eedcam 18:28 21 Jan 08

Elements as said or paintshop pro .Depends how far you hope to go .If you think you will end up restoring some really dificult photos thn none of the freebies will do .If just general tidying up current images then try the freebies first then as you outgrow them try the bought ones . They should be available on free trial

chub_tor 19:15 21 Jan 08

Serif Photplus 6 is free click here I have just bought Photoplus 11 for £9.95 + £3 postage. It's a bargain.

Jak_1 20:17 21 Jan 08

Try Irfanview, it's free. An extensive program that should do all you need.

click here

Totally-braindead 20:26 21 Jan 08

The ones mentioned and I also like Faststone Image Viewer also free click here

As others have said it depends how far you want to go.

br1anstorm 22:41 21 Jan 08

Try freebies before you start paying. I think Faststone Image Viewer is brilliant for organising and managing pics (less intrusive and more controllable than Picasa), and pretty good for standard editing and tidying-up of images. For more serious and complex work on images, the free Serif software is worth a try, as is PhotoFiltre and IrfanView. The Gimp is also good but some find it complicated and not very user-friendly. Try them out to see which one you find easiest to use...

Diodorus Siculus 00:29 22 Jan 08

click here - forgot about this but it's good.

DANZIG 00:38 22 Jan 08

I'd plump for 'The Gimp', free and excellent. Also ages ago I got PSP5 free with a magazine, used in conjunction with the basic photo editing software in Vista.

surfer47 12:16 22 Jan 08

Wow , spoilt for choice.
Diodorus Siculus, The sort of thing I would like to do is Cropping, Change background colours, change background, in addition to the usual options filters, image adjustment and similar.
Regards

Diodorus Siculus 12:58 22 Jan 08

For what you say, The Gimp is more than capable but takes a steep learning curve; PhotoShop Elements is great but not feee.

Best thing is to try a few trials and see what you might like.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…