Photo Image resizing

GroupFC 13:38 02 Sep 03

I am sure that I have seen a post on this subject in the recent past but for the life of me I can't find it (I didn't think I would need it but now I do and yes I have tried the search facility!).

I have a large number of photographs which need to be resized. I appreciate that this can be done individually but can anybody point me in the direction of some software (preferably free!)that will re-size the images "en masse".

Any help/pointers will, as always, be gratefully received.

alcudia 13:44 02 Sep 03

Go click here this will resize and a lot more

alcudia 13:50 02 Sep 03

Sorry, missed your point of en masse. I don't know of any freebies that will do this. There are plenty if you don't mind paying.

hssutton 14:17 02 Sep 03

I do not use irfanview but I am sure that this will do "en masse"? batch processing?.

Harry

GroupFC 14:49 02 Sep 03

Thank you both for your prompt responses.

Does anybody who uses Irfanview know if it has the facility to resize more than one image at a time?

MAJ 14:56 02 Sep 03

If you're using Windows XP, highlight all the pictures you want to resize, right click, choose Resize Pictures and you will get the option to resize the pictures "en masse". There's even a Custom size were you can choose the size you want them resized to.

MAJ 15:07 02 Sep 03

If you want to do it using Irfanview, go to File > Batch Conversion/Rename, it's fairly straightforward from there, GroupFC. Make sure to choose Advanced options when you have chosen the pictures to resize.

Belatucadrus 15:07 02 Sep 03

click here for the posting you mentioned, I don't know if Aletank got anything to work as he wanted though.

Justabitbaffled 15:27 02 Sep 03

You could try photoshop elements; I know its not free but it is efficient and will also give you the opportunity to rename your files.

MAJ 15:41 02 Sep 03

As does Irfanview, Justabitbaffled, which is free.click here

alcudia 15:57 02 Sep 03

Thanks for that, been using irfanview for ages and never looked in there.

As for Elements, Yuk! (Just a personal opinion)
Damn thing came "free" with my scanner. Not a patch on Paint Shop Pro.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…