Photo House v.3 and Windows 7

sconedd 00:05 25 Dec 10

I have been using Corel Photo House v.3 since it first started. I know it is a dinosaur but it has served me well for 12 years. I am trying to find my pictures in the file section which are very important at this moment in time. My OS is Windows 7 but I cannot download any help. My system was built about a year ago by a mate of a mate. I am disabled and a pensioner, so I cannot afford to upgrade my software. I do keep on getting a message saying that my Windows 7 is not genuine. Can anybody give me advice as to how I am going to get genuine Windows 7. I have tried to get in touch with the computer engineer but it is always busy or there is no answer. Your advice would be welcome.

Number six 01:01 26 Dec 10

"I do keep on getting a message saying that my Windows 7 is not genuine"
Sorry to hear this, sconedd. Unfortunately, there are cowboys in all trades and services these days who are only too willing to rip off the unwary. Do you have any old Windows OS disks? If so you may be able to install an OS using this. If not, you may be able to pick up an XP disk quite cheaply. Do an online search for the best deals.

sconedd 10:29 26 Dec 10

Thanks number six, I know there are people who want to rip off the unwary, perhaps it's my fault for taking advice off a so called mate. I will just have to save up and try and get the real thing. I have become so used to Windows 7 Ultimate that I can't go back to XP, of which was excellent. It is only the odd so called engineer that takes the money and run. I always thought that I would do my best to use my 48 years of knowledge in a trade that the slightest error or trying to hide something would soon be detected, that is why I gave my all withour ripping people off. Thanks once again. sconedd.

Number six 23:05 26 Dec 10

One other point regarding windows7 - I very much doubt that you need to buy the Ultimate version for normal home use. You may find that the Professional or Home versions meet your requirements.
click here
You should be able to pick up the Home version for a little under £100.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009