Photo Enhancement.

Pidder 18:20 09 Nov 04

After using a 30 day trial of Paint Shop Pro I miss the Automatic Photo Enhancement facility it includes for improving the brightness and contrast of photos with just a couple of clicks. I am reluctant to purchase the full program (at a rather high price) as I am sure I shall never use many of the procedures. I've tried a number of photo editing programs, such as Irfanview, but they don't have the ease and simplicity of PSP. Can anyone point me towards a free or low cost program to download or acquire elsewhere? Many thanks in anticipation.

JoeC 18:52 09 Nov 04

Photosuite from Roxio ? Around £30

aboutit 19:01 09 Nov 04

why not go to adobe site and download the free trial of the new adobe cs or any other of their trials? Or go to register for free and download there photo programme plus ulead have free trials . All fully functional

Belatucadrus 19:09 09 Nov 04

click here PhotoPlus 5.5 free.

click here Photo Explorer 6.0 also free

Pesala 19:13 09 Nov 04

It is completely free, and not bad, though not in the same league as Photoshop. click here

It is certainly more suitable for photo-editing tasks than Irfan View.

jack 19:32 09 Nov 04

Earlier versions of Paint Shop are often on free Magazine Cover Disks Take a look at the digi photo/camera mags in your local news agents,
look em up on the magic web.

hssutton 19:38 09 Nov 04

Two freebies that will do what you want

click here

click here. Broadband required for this download

Pidder 22:28 09 Nov 04

Hello All, Many thanks for your suggestions, I'm on dial-up so will see what I can get.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…