Photo editing software for beginner

whizza 21:13 05 Jun 03

k been trying out photoshop 7 but its 2 complicated all i want to do is get rid of red eye despec pics brighten ect any 1 recommend any software??

shifty 21:20 05 Jun 03

Try Jasc painstshop pro, it is far easier to use with all the red eye and colour adjustments etc set out auomatically. I have photoshop 7 but I always go back to Jasc for the ease of use.

crocodile36 21:26 05 Jun 03

is simpler and a lot cheaper. It does most of what the full Photoshop program will do.

Belatucadrus 21:42 05 Jun 03

click here= for a free copy of photoplus 5.5

researcher 22:45 05 Jun 03

Try ACDSee or Arcsoft Photostudio 2000.

Both really easy to use friendly products that can give great results.

anchor 08:56 06 Jun 03

I agree with shifty; Paint Shop Pro 7, (now superseded by version 8), is excellent. It will do everything you need, and is very good for fixing "red-eye".

A tutorial for version 7 can be found here:

click here

Quite a good "freebie" is Irfanview

click here
don`t forget to also download the plugins

GroupFC 09:09 06 Jun 03

In another post, Andsome & €dstow recommend a small FREE program for, amongst other things, red eye reduction.

Made by a Kodak company, Ofoto is available from click here

Haven't yet tried it myself so don't know if it is any good!

Andybear 11:45 06 Jun 03

I'm with shifty and anchor - Paint Shop Pro is the only one I use. I recently bought Paint Shop Pro 7, 10th Anniversary Edition from Game for £39.99. As well as the main programme there is some bonus stuff, such as the Jasc Media Center Plus for organising photos, plus other stuff. Very useful is the inclusion of a proper paper manual (no need to trawl through the online help section!). Their web site address is click here

-pops- 14:10 06 Jun 03

If you can cope with the GUI, Photosuite is an excellent, easy to use program. It does a very good job very simply but I find the childish (and noisy) interface annoying. Version 5 may have improved, Have a look click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…