Photo editing programme advice-Picture It!

Miss_Bunyard 00:14 08 Jan 09

I used to have a really good photo editing programme on my old laptop, I think it was Microsoft Picture It. It was quite simple but I liked the different ways you could change photos to look like photocopies or pencil sketches etc. Basically I need a fairly simple editing programme to use for my artwork. Most programmes that I've seen don't seem to let you do much to the image itself in the way of filters.
Can anyone recommend anything to me to buy or (even better) download for free.

brundle 00:17 08 Jan 09

Free - Photo Filtre, Paint.Net ;
click here
click here

Depends on your definition of "fairly simple".

DippyGirl 12:04 08 Jan 09

Second brundle's recommendation Paint.net is good and pretty straight forward to use
The Gimp click here is also excellent if a bit more complex

Grey Goo 12:22 08 Jan 09
  Grey Goo 12:28 08 Jan 09

This is good also
click here

wee eddie 13:51 08 Jan 09

Secunia tells me that Microsoft Photo Editor that came with Office XP 2002 is insecure/end of life and can't be Updated. It does everything that I need so I am loath to loose it.

I am watching this thread to see what the alternatives are. Thank you Miss B.

jack 15:41 09 Jan 09
  skidzy 09:49 10 Jan 09

I have half a dozen free editing programs on one machine ,all freeware and my favourite and the easiest to use is Photoscape click here

The Gimp i find very good if you know what you are doing Lol.

If you use Raw,there is Therapee again freeware...it is in Beta but is a fairly good program click here

Miss_ADB 10:32 10 Jan 09

Thanks all for your advice and comments. I downloaded GIMP which is turning out to be quite good, I'd suggest this to Wee Eddie who was also looking for a replacement for the Photo Editor

Demora 12:11 10 Jan 09

I used to like Micrografx 'Picture Publisher' But Corel have now taken that company along with Jasc (Paintshop Pro) and bloated the software.

Paint.net and the GIMP are good alternatives.

D

Wak 22:20 10 Jan 09

I have the Micrografx Picture Publisher prog on a CD which came with a Scanner about 9 years ago.
I also have the FREE Picture Publisher Light program (PP70LE)which seems to be exactly the same as the original except for the possibility to match a printer to the screen colours as far as I can see.
As you say, it's a very good program and I never use anything else.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…