Photo editing know-how needed!

Si_L 16:47 16 Jul 08

I have a photo taken on my gap year that is quite blurry, my hands must have been shaking when I took it. I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.0. I can't seem to sharpen the image to get it how it should be.

Could someone please walk me through how to do it please? Or I could send the photo to someone for them to fix it.

Thanks

Pamy 16:54 16 Jul 08

you will never be able to sharpen a blurred picture totaly, you nead to enlarge it to pixels and then remove and replace them to smooth the edges ,very time consumming and not alway satisfactory

MAT ALAN 16:56 16 Jul 08

click here

this may help...

Si_L 16:56 16 Jul 08

click here

This is the sort of thing I need, but I can't make it work for my program.

Si_L 17:02 16 Jul 08

Cheers for your link, I still can't make it work though! Mine is more blurred than the photo in your link. I followed what it said but it didn't change anything.

MAT ALAN 17:05 16 Jul 08

you will not get a fully functioning prog unless you buy, the download is for evaluation only which is probably why it does not work...

jack 17:07 16 Jul 08

The 'Unsharp filter' in the adjustment section of most editors will do all it can then a fiddle with remove noise- etc.
It can be a long learning curve.
At each attempt always use 'Save As' giving the image a new name - this will save the original in its original state.

You could also find an image host site such as
click here
or
click here
Then paste the link here -Then those of us who have the software and inclination can have a play for you.
Providing it is decent of course ;-}

David4637 17:26 16 Jul 08

You have bought the right application, but you can't make something out of nothing. I have used PS for a number of years, and am now reaping the benefit of enhancing digital images. Get books on it from your local library, and investigate doing a course at your local tech college - it does pay if you do some homework first. David

woodchip 18:27 16 Jul 08

I would say there's no answer to a blurred Picture other than try to take another, It always best to take more than one at the time, just to try to make sure you get a good one

Si_L 19:06 16 Jul 08

Ok I have hosted the image on the internet. Use the yellow envelope and I will link you to it.

Thanks for the help guys.

woodchip 19:14 16 Jul 08

When doing any Editing, it should be saved as no compressed photo like a Tiff. Until the last Edit

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017