Photo to e-mail Background Exact fit ??

Noels 07:57 17 Feb 03

I know how to get my own photos / pictures into Stationery OE6 for e-mail backgrounds but they nearly always seem to be too small in which case I get several pictures cover the screen or too big in which case some of the photo gets cropped.

Question does anyone know how to get an exect fit without lots of trial and error??

Regards Noels

Pesala 08:17 17 Feb 03

This freeware program will allow you to measure sizes of windows precisely.

click here

Noels 08:28 17 Feb 03

Thanks for that I will give it a try.

The problem is that if I use a commercial background it automatically expands fo fit the page, whereas my own saved photos / pictures don't. They are usable but it would be nice to get an exact fit.

Thanks and regards Noels

Andsome 08:48 17 Feb 03

click here I have found that the small free program on this site is definitely the easiest of all to size photo's. You can choose inches or centimetres, and then save by giving a different number to the photo, so that the original is untouched. eg if the photo is number P4321, save it back to the original folder as P4321Cropped, you will then have the original and the cropped photo in your folder. It is also the very best program that I have found for removing red eye. I use Jasc Paint shop Pro for normal editing but would not be without Ofoto.

Noels 09:22 17 Feb 03

Hi Andsome Thanks. I have no problem resizing photos but even when I measure the e-mail page size on the screen in inches" or cm, then resize the photo to that size, they don't exactly fit. I was hoping someone could tell my the size of an e-mail page in pixels or whatever.
Measuring the page size on the screen depends on the screen size ie 14" 15" 17" etc which is no help when trying to get an exact fit.

What do Web Page designers do?

Anyway thanks for your help

Noels

Noels 13:23 17 Feb 03

Refresh

jazzypop 13:36 17 Feb 03
  Noels 13:49 17 Feb 03

Thanks looks good ! Its going to take me some time to Read, Learn and Inwardly digest but will print instructions and give it a go. It looks just what I needed.

Thanks again Noel

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…