photo doesn`t match monitor

chids2 15:58 31 Jan 05

I have just started to mess about with photos i had on cd and the problem is they don`t print anything like they look on the screen.I am using photoshop 2.0 and a lexmark p3150 all in one printer on XP. I get the photos perfect on my screen but when they are printed they have a green look about them.I have tried different photo papers but no difference and also cleaned the jets. Would be grateful for any tips

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 16:32 31 Jan 05

dodgy print cartridge give print heads a good clean

chids2 16:47 31 Jan 05

already done that.

FelixTCat 16:49 31 Jan 05

Pictures when printed never look the same as on the screen. The screen uses light transmission technology and any printed picture uses light reflection technology. In addition, colours on the screen are made by mixing three colour pixels of different light intensity. Exactly how any monitor displays a colour is different from any other monitor. It is possible to make them match closely.

That said, a green look is unusual. The printer cartridge may be defective. It may also be possible to adjust either the printer (through the driver) or the monitor (through Display Properties - Settings - Advanced - Color (sic) Management) to make them appear closer.

roy 16:52 31 Jan 05

It does sound like blocked jets. Have you got a test pattern you can run to see if your colours are ok? Are you using maker's inks?

Diemmess 17:06 31 Jan 05

If you don't have a test pattern to print you can easily make one from photoshop 2.........Open a new file, draw a few circles and fill each with pure red, yellow, or blue and for good measure one each of black, green and a recognisable brown. Print the file.

It is a crude way of doing things, but will show if anything is badly astray with the printer!

chids2 17:49 31 Jan 05

jets are fine.I think FelixTcat is right and I will try to find a way of changing my screen settings.

ACOLYTE 18:20 31 Jan 05

Has the printer got a PhotoAdvanced option for printing?or a similar option to make changes before the actual printing takes place.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…