Photo CDs

icraggy 15:56 16 Nov 05

On XP, how can I back up my digital photos on to a disc that my DVD player will recognise and show the photos on my TV? MY DVD player is new but will not play CD-ROMS (including Photo CDs), CD-Rs/RWs (except those recorded in music CD format MP3 or video CD), or DVD-ROMS/RAMS. My Photo software (Canon) only appears to back up to CD.

woodchip 16:12 16 Nov 05

All the files need to be in Jpeg format, if they are not you should open them in Photo Edit Program Save As Jpeg. Then open Nero Drag files onto your CD drive if you keep an eye at the bottom you can see as drive fills up do not go over then burn and choose Finalise. If you do not want to it all in one go, do not Finalise, only do this when disc is full but you cannot play on standalone CD DVD player until the above is done. You will be able to see them on Computer. Your player as to be compatible with Jpeg Photo

Stuartli 16:25 16 Nov 05

I think woodchip means to add further files using Multisession and then Finalising before the final burn.

It should state in your DVD player's manual or on the retail box what it is capable of playing - most modern players will deal with almost anything that is placed in their trays.

Pidder 18:34 16 Nov 05

My (new)DVD player manual states that only re-write discs will play without being finalised, DVD+R need to be finalised to play on other machines.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…