photo card settings

joe95 17:10 27 Aug 04

I have a deskjet 3820 printer and have just bought some canon 6x4 photocards,in my paper settings there is only photocard 6x4 with tab and I get uneven borders,have setting size manually but no joy. ,is it possible to do edge to edge printing?

I have photoshop elements 2 and serif photoplus 9.
Thanks Joe

chugby 20:01 27 Aug 04

normally have to tweak your printer settings but edge to edge may not be available. For more help on your model try HP site/tech support click here

joe95 23:39 30 Aug 04

Thanks Chugby,
contacted them HP got the answer I expected use their brand of cards.
I,ll work round it.
Joe

jack 08:26 31 Aug 04

If you look at the 'natural' picture size and the paper size you will see that they don't quite match.
There is always a border of sorts.
Edge to Edge printing is a facility within the printer firmware ie it is built in.
what actually happens is the image is enlarged slightly and the printers internals allow the printing to exeed the paper dimensions
Not all printers can do this.

joe95 17:16 31 Aug 04

Thaks Jack,
looks like my printer won't do e to e
Joe

iambeavis 17:34 31 Aug 04

If you want even borders they need to be set in your imaging programme.Photoshop Elements 2 - file/print preview/centre image then set page to portrait or landscape.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…