photo application message

joaniem1947 09:30 13 May 08

when i tried to copy my photo`s to my pictures file i get the following message:jpg is not a valid win 32 application, i`ve recently updated to ie7 and sp3 ,can anyone explain please joaniem

Border View 11:31 13 May 08

Nudge up

iambeavis 12:06 13 May 08

What's set as the default application to open .jpg files?
To get this information open a folder, go to "Tools", choose "Folder Options", click on "File Types" and scroll down to the .jpg section - it would normally be set as " Windows Picture and Fax Viewer", unless you have chosen another default app.

joaniem1947 12:31 13 May 08

hi iam beavis ,did what you said :)problem sorted many thanks ,hi iambeavis what is nudge up? i`m not literate in pc talk but i`m keen to learn thanks for your response joaniem

iambeavis 12:38 13 May 08

Glad everything is sorted. Your post would have been close to slipping off the first page so Barmoor typed "Nudge up" to move it back up the page.

joaniem1947 13:04 13 May 08

ha!ha!ha! well thats a novice for you doh! anyway once again many thanks joaniem

sajeev 19:31 06 Oct 08

I had stored family pics from my digital camera on my laptop. I find that I am unable to view them now (used to work fine before) as clicking on them brings up only "No preview available".
I have tried the Tools/Folder options/File Types (iambeavis' suggestion above) but no joy.
I have also tried opening the files (JPEG) with Photoshop, Paint, Fireworks without success.
Any help will be welcome.
Sajeev

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…