Photo 890 printer problems

Robbinthres 23:37 31 Aug 06

I've just replaced my computer but kept my old 890 printer as it gave excellent prints although it was rather slow. I'm now getting a band across the top of my prints, can anyone suggest a solution please. The only thing I can think of is loading the printer driver with a compatable installed. Also what would you recommend as a successor to the photo890?

Diversion 01:15 01 Sep 06

By the sound of things either the inkjets need cleaning or something is binding or catching the prints after the inkjets have performed there task.

A lot of people pull Epson printers down, but I have the CX6600 that takes Epson DuraBrite Inks. With this type of ink you can't tell the difference between your prints and the photo's that you get back from your local photo shop or chemist. Because the ink is smudge proof water proof and scratch resistant, I use nothing else for my photos and the quality of the prints is excellent.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…