Phonetools US robotics modem receiving faxes

Ether 15:25 31 Jan 03

Ihave a US robotics 56k professional modem. It was supplied with Supervoice and worked OK except that if I answered the phone and it was a fax pressing the stopplay button on the modem did not switch the modem to receiving the fax. However i could quickly load Supervoice and rescue it. I have now upgraded to XP and had to change to PhoneTools. Now if I answer the phone and it is a fax I lose it as I cannot find a way of getting phone tools to receive the fax even if it is already loaded.

I have been told that using a faxswitch on the modem might work.Anybody any experience?

Has anybody any other ideas? Am I missing something in the way I have configured PhoneTools?

Does anyone know of a programme that will allow me to receive voice messages and faxes while the computer is switched off and doesn't suffer from the same problems?

All help/suggestions gratefully received.

Ether

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…