phone,sat-nav, tablet, or whatever.

alibob1526 18:42 01 Jan 14

I have a nokia asha 300 phone,plus a samsung s8300v phone. I also have a sat-nav that needs updating for traffic & maps. I am thinking of buying a new sat-nav with lifetime traffic & map updates. I have just over the £120 mark to buy something, my Christmas present from my wife. The sat-nav gets used occasionally, holiday trips. The phone is used for making calls & taking photos, not facebook twitter internet, mainly basic stuff. I would like to know what it would be best to buy, are tablets or ipads the same thing?, would it be better to buy a tablet with GPS,or a phone with GPS, or a sat-nav. I have a laptop PC but am wondering if a tablet would be better to cover all options. If so which one & what specs should I look for?. I do not know what difference there is in android, sandwich,jelly bean ETC. Help Please.

wee eddie 18:46 01 Jan 14

Much as I admire your optimism, I think you are setting your sights a little high. £120.00 is not really a "starter for one".

Stick with the new Jumper

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:26 03 Jan 14

The sat-nav gets used occasionally, holiday trips. not worth updating then

I have a nokia asha 300 phone,plus a samsung s8300v phone. you don't need another? you can download maps to the phone so definitely no need for a satnav. :0)

I have a laptop PC

£120 is entry level for a tablet (Tesco hudl is probably best at that price) Ipads are much more expensive £300+ and sounds like it would just be glorified toy

Save the money and put it towards something you really want or need.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:27 03 Jan 14

The sat-nav gets used occasionally, holiday trips. not worth updating then

I have a nokia asha 300 phone,plus a samsung s8300v phone. you don't need another? you can download maps to the phone so definitely no need for a satnav. :0)

I have a laptop PC

£120 is entry level for a tablet (Tesco hudl is probably best at that price) Ipads are much more expensive £300+ and sounds like it would just be glorified toy

Save the money and put it towards something you really want or need.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…