phone>computer connection problem

wky 23:26 31 Aug 07

Hi all. I own a sony ericsson w850i and before I formatted my laptop everything was working fine. After I have formatted it, I tried connecting with bluetooth, but my laptop never finds the phone, I installed all necessary drivers but to no avail. I then tried connecting using a usb cable, but that too fails and it doesn't pick up the phone, however it picks up that the phone is connected etc, just that the software will say no phone is found to connect. I can however access other bluetooth services like the headset, or using the remote control feature, but that's using the standard bluetooth software. Does anyone know what's wrong? I've used both the sony ericsson pc suite and the my phone explorer. Before the format my phone explorer picks the phone up straight away. I don't know what's wrong now. Thanks for any advice.

User-1159794 08:25 01 Sep 07

This will be of little help,sorry.
I never got my W850i to be recognized by the PC,I tried every thing I could think of.

The latest drivers,the latest PC suite,I tried software from here,click here+

Which,to contradict myself did work once.

Solution gave up,gave the phone to the wife,got a Nokia.

Graham. 08:50 01 Sep 07

When you connect the phone to the PC, the phone must be switched off. It will come on when connected. Look for it in My Computer.

User-1159794 09:12 01 Sep 07

I'll try that one myself.

wky 11:58 01 Sep 07

i'll try that too, but before, i just switched the bluetooth on and my pc would find it instantly. it's all weird.

Taff™ 12:03 01 Sep 07

Try Unpairing Them and then pair them again. Which bluetooth software are you using?

If it`s something like Blue Soleil you need to have the bluetooth enabled on the phone and when it sees (and is Paired with) the mobile right click the mobile icon and then select connect using serial port A. The open the PC Suite and go to the connect routine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5