Phone USB connection to computer.

DrpYourHeartbeat 18:10 20 Jul 09

I have no USB cable for my phone so i put my memory card in a phone with a USB cable (Samsung D900i) but the screen is smashed. When i plug the phone into the pc i can't get into the folders, is there somthing i have to click on the phone to allow a USB conncection?

Technotiger 18:12 20 Jul 09

Usually there are connection settings within the phone - like for USB/Bluetooth/Ir etc. Look through the phones Menu.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:13 20 Jul 09

"is there somthing i have to click on the phone to allow a USB conncection?"

but you may need to load the drivers for the phone onto your PC

or just use the card in a card reader

DrpYourHeartbeat 18:15 20 Jul 09

i have the drivers installed, it says its ready for use but once again i cant see the phone screen to see if need to click anythign.

Technotiger 18:15 20 Jul 09

Yes, I forgot about the Phone/PC Software ......

DrpYourHeartbeat 18:16 20 Jul 09

?

DieSse 18:17 20 Jul 09

Every phone I've ever seen needs software in the PC to transfer anything from it. Sometimes it's quite expensive for what it is, too.

If you're trying to transfer video clips, some phones use odd formats that standard windows programs can't handle. Stills are not normally a problem - so a card reader may be a good idea. Make sure you ask so that you get one that will definitely handle the type and capacity of card you have.

Technotiger 18:19 20 Jul 09

I don't see how you can do anything with a phone that has a smashed screen!

Would it not be easier to get or borrow a cable for the phone that you say has no USB cable?

Technotiger 18:23 20 Jul 09

I see you have given your thread the Green-tick ... Grreat, but don't you think we deserve an explanation as well!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…