Phone to Router connection

  macjackz 09:57 30 Mar 10

I am brand new to Broadband and a oap that is struggling to learn. For the AOL wireless set up I had to be near the one and only phone socket in my house. This means I am in a doorway with router on a chair. I intend to go wireless via a usb but logic tells me I have to buy a longer grey cable that goes from the socket (through a filter) to the back of the router in order to place the router in a room out of the doorway? If so, are they bog standard things, and what do I ask for?

  ame 16:48 30 Mar 10

If you want a cable that connects your router to your phone socket (via a filter) it is known as RJ-11 cable and is standard. Comes in different lengths.

  robin_x 21:28 01 Apr 10

click here

or you could look in the Poundshop (or supermarket, Homebase/B&Q but they are more expensive).


You could use a 5 or 10m (max) telephone extension cable and adapter/splitter (so telephone can stay near your single master socket)
Poundshops probably best for those.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos