phone locks (uk) (ire)

whatchamacallit 00:58 29 Sep 03

Phone locks jacks or phone locks,(KEY)
this is to stop my friends kids using land line, when she is not at home.
Also it could stop them using the modem on the computer.

I dont think we are the only ones with this problem.

smegs 01:12 29 Sep 03

Get a pay phone put in. Put a password on the internet. I think thats what Ur asking!!

If you have a btphone they do have a call barring system.By putting in a pin number you can bar calls.Try bt's website for further info.

tbh72 02:15 29 Sep 03

click here item number two.... They also used to make a digital one where you DO NOT have to disconnect the line, but search as I might I cannot find it!!!

tbh72 03:42 29 Sep 03

click here item number 2 again, this is the kiddy you want.... @ £35.00 it's not cheap, but it lock's the line for all out going calls except 999 which is better than the previous listing which incdentally is item number three on this list & is cheaper on this site?!?!?

whatchamacallit 09:02 29 Sep 03

Thanks to all for your help,
TBH72 Looks like you hit the nail on the Head with info.

Thanks again to all of you.

Effie 10:21 29 Sep 03

I was very interested in whatchamacallit's question as I have a similar problem in Ireland where Eircom do not have as good a system as the BT version here( to unlock and rebar costs ? 9 each time_ rather expensive as I'm sure you might aggree!)as having been stung by lodgers using my phone without permission in the past, I'd like to be in control of its use as I'm sure you could appreciate!

Any suggestions would be much appreciated,
Thanks

Effie 10:34 29 Sep 03

sorry TBH72, that should have read ?9 each time you wanted to unlock and rebar!

Effie 10:37 29 Sep 03

this machine doesn't seem to like the euros sign so although it shows up on my screen when being typed in, this doesnt seem to come out on the PC adviser page for some reason? why

tbh72 11:36 29 Sep 03

The box is programmed to make 999 calls, if you use a different number in Ireland then the box will work but it will have to be unlocked to make an emergency call.?.?

spuds 20:36 29 Sep 03

I think some devices have the 112,international emergency call number pre-programmed into there circuitary. Could be wrong, but worth a possible check.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…