Phone to Laptop

sajeev 17:40 30 Oct 08

Is is possible to transfer photos from my mobile phone (Motorola PEBL) to my laptop running XP using a USB cable?
What hardware and software will I need if this can be done?
Thanks
Sajeev

Rahere 17:48 30 Oct 08

Should be possible - just connect the phone and see if windows identifies this as a drive search or navigate through to your picyures and copy them over.

once you have done this once you should be able to point scanner and camera wizard at it to automate it.

IF the above doesn't work then you'll need to load drivers or software for the phone so that windows recognises it. Try the motorola website for this

sajeev 18:38 30 Oct 08

Windows does not show the phone on My Computer.
Shall try the web for the software.
My mobile has bluetooth (Bt) and I have a Bt dongle (Iogear) but am not able to get it to work: local device not found and also Bt configuration window under hardware shows that "Device is stopped'. Restarting in Control Panel-Services makes no difference!
Any ideas?

Technotiger 18:41 30 Oct 08

If the phone has a removable card, then a USB card reader would be the best way to go.

ambra4 19:29 30 Oct 08

You need to download and install Motorola software to your computer before the phone can sync with your computer

click here

ambra4 19:37 30 Oct 08

You would also need one of these cables Universal Data Cable – miniUSB to connect to your computer

click here

Other Motorola PEBL U6 Mobile Accessories

click here

sajeev 23:53 30 Oct 08

TT-Am sorry I don't have one of those
A4: The software for download is too expensive for me. I have the special cable already.
Thanks for your suggestions.

ambra4 02:45 31 Oct 08

Motorola PC 620 USB Mobile Phone Tools Suite

click here

sajeev 14:57 31 Oct 08

Thanks for all the ideas and advice.
Since I had only a few photos to transfer I was not keen on buying any new software.
Fortunately I got my bluetooth to work (uninstalled software and then re-installed it before plugging in dongle did the trick) and so the transfer was simple after than.
Cheers and thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5