Phone Dialer in XP

Simsy 20:08 31 Oct 05

Hi folks...

Trying to get used to this X malarky... in Win98se there was a telephone dialer... not something to connect to the internet, but a tool for dialing phone numbers. I think it was via Accesories>communications. It was available as part of windows setup in add/remove programmes.

Am I missing something or is it not in XP? I can't see it, and I can't see it in add/remove programmes either.

Bloody nuisance if it's not. I'd recently got it working properly in 98 and have an Excel database with numbers which I could use to lookup someones name and have a call dialled. I'll be narked if I can't use it in XP!!

Anyone know if it's there and I just can't find it?

Thanks in anticipation,

VoG II 20:17 31 Oct 05

I've never used it but I think it is

C:\Program Files\Windows NT\Dialer.exe

stalion 20:17 31 Oct 05
  Splork 20:19 31 Oct 05

Have you still got a Win98 CD? Look on it for - load it into WinZip or something, if XP zip doesnt support it. Just extract the Dialer.exe and the dialer.hlp if you want the help file.

woodchip 20:24 31 Oct 05

You can get and use Supervoice for free if You are on Dial-Up. It will not work with BB you have to use skype

Simsy 23:04 31 Oct 05

I think what you point to Vog, is the XP version... thanks. It is what I was looking for, but I suspect, as it's so different from the 98 version, that if my Excel wont work with that... It needs more looking into.

Splork... I might try that.. Ta.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…