Phishing - It's Happened to Me - How to Avoid it

Shikaree 18:56 03 May 09

Hi Folks,

Today I received a Phishing E-mail. I deleted it.
Please, how could I prevent this in future.

Thanks

Shikaree

VoG II 18:58 03 May 09

Hello.

Try this click here

octal 19:01 03 May 09

You can't stop it from happening, you did the correct thing in deleting it, if it's just the odd one now and again I wouldn't worry too much about, just delete them.

OTT_Buzzard 19:12 03 May 09

i've had a couple and opened up the HTML source code and had a look where the email is directing. I've then emailed the actual company' fraud departments and informed them.

Not that it does much good!

octal 19:16 03 May 09

OTT_Buzzard, I've done the same by looking at the email headers and doing a Whois back trace to find the ISP then emailed their abuse department about it, but I don't think it does any good, especially if it originates from China or Russia.

OTT_Buzzard 19:19 03 May 09

yeah. never good. cybercriminals are just inconsiderate, not basing themsleves in the countries where thy commit their crimes!

The info is more use to, for example, my bank. At least if they know that there is a phishing attack going on then they can warn the rest of their customers.

Shikaree 19:34 03 May 09

VoG™

Thanks. I'm going to look into that Click Here.

octal, OTT_Buzzard,

Thanks. The first one. It was done through a very Trusted website I have been on for a very long time. I have my profile on it. A Website from where one can track down lost Relatives & Friends. I just went into their website and they have taken Action. About 210 complaints they have had so far. They have also located where this person is from and contacted the person's ISP etc. They have a Warning on their Website. I have also e-mailed this Trusted Website to inform them. I have requested them to take my name off.

Shikaree

laurie53 19:48 03 May 09

I get three or four of these a week.

As long as you delete them and don't open any links they are not a threat.

Shikaree 20:22 03 May 09

laurie53,

Thanks. That's a relief.

Shikaree

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…