Phishing email

K_elt 20:13 23 Mar 08

My partner received the following email purporting to be from AOL

Dear AOL Member,

It has come to our attention that your billing informations are out of
order. If you could please take 5-10 minutes out of your online
experience and update your personal billing records so you will not run into
any future problems with the online service. However, any failure in
updating your records with result an account suspension.

Click here to avoid your account suspension:

click here...

Please respond within 2 days of the date this latter was sent or the update link will expire.

© 2008 AOL Inc. All rights reserved.
Members and visitors to the AOL Web site agree to abide by our Policies and Agreements.
EarthLink Privacy Policy

She left it for me to deal with as I pay the account (due to end soon).

What is the best way of dealing with these phishing messages? Is there any point advising the site the link takes you to (Altervista.org, based in Italy I believe, as the link itself is for Iowilla.altervista.org)?

K_elt

Stuartli 20:15 23 Mar 08

Just delete them...:-)

audeal 21:35 23 Mar 08

It is dangerous to respond in any way. You are only letting them know your address is active and they can then target you again.

As Stuartli says, DELETE THEM.

Chas49 00:48 24 Mar 08

I've hsd three phishing emails this week - all say that they are from my bank - are they heck! As Stuartli and Audeal say - Delete them. If iyour still concerned and you want to set your mind at rest - just telephone AOL.

€dstowe 06:36 24 Mar 08

Only three????

Chas49 09:10 24 Mar 08

Lucky, eh!

james66 09:19 24 Mar 08

Yes iv'e had two.One last week from Pay Pal ,asking to verify credit card details ,by clicking on a link in the E-mail .
Forwarded it straight to Pay Pal and they have replied saying its a phishing E-mail .

Stuartli 09:50 24 Mar 08

You seem surprised that it's a phishing e-mail...:-)

K_elt 13:23 24 Mar 08

Deleted.

K_elt

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…