phillips go gear video

i have a phillips go gear player it will play mp3 photos and video but i cannot convert video to play in help i have this
Video files are converted and copied to the selected location in the .smv format. Supported file types for the conversion includes:
.wmv ( Window media video format, WMV 7, WMV 8, WMV9 )

If you encounter a problem converting the above formats, or if you have other formats for conversion. You can look at some video forums on the internet for help. Your problem may be to do with a specialized codec that cannot be handled by the Philips Media Converter.

i have philips media converter prog installed but i an at aloss what to do to convert files such as avi etc any help welcomed

BIGWILLY_76 19:42 12 Jan 08

I was looking for codecs for another converter because I wasn't happy with the phillips media converter. Anyhow, the other converter was bust, but after installing the codec package 'ffdshow' the original converter was able to convert avi directly to smv.

The download was available free through microsoft windows media player codecs...

TheDigitalLife 22:09 16 Dec 08

The ffdshow was the piece of the missing puzzle. Thanks so much, that got it.

~Rick

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…