Philips Sound card problem

CurlyWhirly 14:42 26 Jul 04

Last week I bought a Philips Sonic Edge 5.1 sound card (Model PSC 605/00) to replace my onboard sound as I have recently bought a new set of speakers.
However even though the sound is excellent I have had to go back to onboard sound as I keep getting the blue screen of death with an error code of: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL along with this error code STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x7FFE0304, 0x000000FF, 0x00000001, 0xC1050123)

I have typed the above error code into Google but it doesn't really tell me much.
Also I have NO exclamation marks in Device Manager either.
The PC normally crashes if a key is pressed on the keyboard or a mouse button is pressed but this happens at random intervals for instance I could not suffer a crash for an hour or so and then suffer 2 crashes within say half an hour.

I have e-mailed Philips for assistance but they have not replied apart from sending me an e-mail saying that my e-mail will be answered within 3 business days and it is over a week now with still no answer!

I wish I had never bought it in the first place!
I have been to the Philips website and downloaded the following file namely 'psc605_00_dxp_eng.exe' at just over 10 Mb but even after running this I still get the blue screen of death!

Has anyone else had problems with the Philips Sonic Edge 5.1 sound card and if they have have they managed to resolve their problem?
I have of course turned off the onboard sound and uninstalled the Realtek AC97 drivers BEFORE attempting to install the new card.

I have Windows XP SP1 installed by the way along with ALL Microsoft security patches.
Any help would be most appreciated!
I didn't want to write into this forum until I had given Philips sufficient time to answer but it now looks as if they are not going to bother!
Nice customer service and I don't see why I should ring them up probably on a premium rate number!
CW

CurlyWhirly 14:45 26 Jul 04

p.s. I have gone back onto onboard sound for the last few days with NO crashes meaning it MUST be the Philips sound card drivers.
CW

CurlyWhirly 15:55 26 Jul 04

I have solved this problem myself as I thought to myself there is one thing I haven't tried and that is to move it to a different PCI slot and this has worked.
Regards CW

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…