Philips PhotoFrame 8FF3CDW

bingers 13:32 23 Jan 10

Has anyone got one of these? If so could you tell me if you have the same problem as me please? Whrn displaying photos in 'browse mode' the words 'browse mode' remain on the screen obscuring some of the photo displayed. Within 'slideshow mode' this is not a problem as the words 'slideshow mode' remain on the screen only for a couple of seconds
Thanks for looking!

Sea Urchin 15:45 23 Jan 10

Graphicool1's link again

click here

bingers 16:31 24 Jan 10

I have already tried the Philips site and can find no mention of this issue in the FAQ's or anywhere else. I have also emailed Philip's technical support (still waiting fo reply) but thought it would be a good idea to get first hand views of other owners ifthere were any on here!

Graphicool1 12:26 25 Jan 10

Go back to their site, use this link...
click here
Scroll down till you see the Digital Photo Frames. Here you will see you have a choice as to how to contact them - Phone or email.

Graphicool1 12:29 25 Jan 10

Thanks for that ¦¬)

bingers 22:02 25 Jan 10

As stated above I have already emailed them and am waiting for a reply. I was hopinmg to get some first hand experience from other owers on here!

Graphicool1 09:32 26 Jan 10

Sorry about that, there was some problem with the thread yesterday. I had to contact the Editor and he rectified the problem. Hence I didn't see all your post.

Regarding "first hand experience from other owers" it doesn't appear that any are forthcoming. Not being a user of Digital Photo Frames myself, bumping you back up the list is the only further contribution I can make to your problem. I hope you get it sorted soon.

A thought has just occurred though, if you got it at Xmas it must still be under warranty? If there were no FAQ's on that matter, perhaps it has a fault, you might be able to get a replacement?

Good Luck ¦¬]

Sea Urchin 10:43 26 Jan 10

The "problem with the thread" was caused by the broken link - which has that effect in IE although not in Firefox. All sorted though by FE removing the offending link. :@)

bingers 22:05 26 Jan 10

Got a reply from Philips today - guess it's not really that helpful but at least they are saying it is not faulty!

Dear Mr Bingham

Thank you for your recent e-mail.

It is normal operation for the words “browse mode” to be displayed on the 8FF3CDW digital photo frame.

It is not possible to remove these words while in browse mode.

Should you require any further information please contact our Customer Care Centre (details below) quoting your customer reference number.

Kind regards,

Manveer
Philips Customer Care.

Graphicool1 10:51 27 Jan 10

Thanks for the feed back. At least it doesn't say slide show across the pix when in operation. That would be a real problem!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple