Philips PBDV1640B 16x DVD +/-R/RW DL IDE OEM

bugee 20:29 28 Feb 05

Can anybody help me please!!

I have recently bought the above for my pc as an upgrade, but it will not show on my computer and I have been into BIOS and enabled it but nothing but my old samsung drive I took out works fine so I know the leads and secondary IDE are fine.

What do you suggest??

Cheers

metrules 02:45 12 Mar 05

hi this may or may not help, i bought a philips freeline MT1100 (regretfully) and that dvd... comes as standard with it. i had real bad problems with it and the drive was replaced 3 times, also my pc is throwing up file corruption errors and CRC checks, i can install select cds/dvds but most of the time i am getting a file corruption error.

conclusion : never buying philips again!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:48 12 Mar 05

No CD/DVD
Try this if the optical drives are not appearing in My Computer or Device Manager. (This is sometimes caused by the removal of Roxio software.)

Run regedit and navigate to registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}. Highlight it and in the right pane, find the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values. Highlight each one in turn, right click and delete them. Close regedit and restart the computer. If in doubt make a restore point before making changes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…