Philips HDD6320/05 Go Gear Digital Audio Player

magnus35 00:12 12 Feb 07

I was quite pleased to have been able to install the device and transfer some music to it but a problem with WMP led to an uninstall via system restore - see other thread . However , when the software and device were reinstalled it was recognised as Philips HDD63XX Go Gear , with a different icon in My Computer . Right clicking the icon allows the device to be explored but does not show access to 'Properties ' , as it did previously. Also , exploration revealed the file set up to be different from before . Whilst connected to the Internet a little notice slid up at the bottom right of the screen advising that an update for HDD6320 was available . It was only there very briefly and disappeared before I could decide whether to act upon it . When I connect to Device Manager - the installed software - it recognises the player a HDD633XX and , after clicking on 'Updates ' , indicates that it has the latest firmware installed . Being quite concerned by this , I contacted Philips Customer Support via their website . When they eventually replied , I was directed to the FAQ section and what to do if your PC does not recognise the player . This is not my problem . The gadget is recognised , but as a different product . I'm hoping that another participant in this forum may have encountered a similar problem , maybe even with the same device , and be able to suggest a remedy .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…