philips hdd6320 xp media center

dougans 19:11 26 Dec 05

Hello there folks.

I got a brand new Philips HDD6320 yesterday (UK version).

I installed the CD and plugged the thing in to my Windows XP Media Edition PC yesterday and I get a "detected new hardware" but then when i go to "my computer" it's not listed there or in the "Windows media connect" program. It is however listed in the control panel hardware "device manager" area under "Windows portable devices".

After 4 hours of reinstalling, restarting, and going again in loops I then went to a mates house and plugged the device into his laptop - which it worked perfectly.

I plugged my old HDD120/05 into my new media XP machine for the first time, and it works no problem. Thats what makes me think that the problem is with this "playforsure" or windows MTP software.

Please someone help, I'll have no PC access from Tuesday evening for the next 6 months.

Thanks,

KD

davwil 19:16 26 Dec 05

Try uninstalling Windows media Player 10 off your system (using Add/Remove) It will probably say 'rolling back' - thats OK.
Reload your Philips CD again and reinstall everything. It should update your WMP 10 and hopefully install the player properley. Worked for me

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…