Philips CD-RW80 1~4x

Halmer 11:10 26 Dec 03

Would someone be good enough to explain what these numbers mean on my box of CDs please.

leo49 11:12 26 Dec 03

Rewritable discs - 80minutes capacity - capable of being written to at up to 4 times speed

Halmer 11:26 26 Dec 03

the Packard Bell CD-R 48x speed that I have can be used 12x faster. Any particular reason why thye are so much faster please?

Halmer 11:27 26 Dec 03

what is it 80 minutes of?

leo49 11:37 26 Dec 03

Rewritable disks are slower anyway than write-once CDR's,but I would say the Philips disks you've got are old stock. Write speeds of burners have increased dramatically over the last 2 years and disk manufacturers have responded by increasing the spec of their disks in line with this progress.

IF you were to burn music[and on CDRW that's not generally advisable]you'd get 80 minutes of playing time.

Burning other data you'd get about approx 700mb or so.

Essentially the cheapness of CDRs has virtually made more expensive CDRW's redundant,in my opinion - I wouldn't dream of using them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…