Phantom dll

Octoz 08:32 29 Oct 04

My original XP pro installation corrupted so I performed a clean install and formatted the partition from which XP originally operated. I had run AVG on my old XP but because it "broke" I had to uninstall it manually, this led to an error message when I opened Outlook:
D:WINDOWS\system32\avgxch.dll error: the above file is missing (\ = backslash which has just stopped working??)
I reinstalled XP and Office and everything was fine until I transferred my mail into outlook when the message appeared once again. I deleted all of the messages and ran system restore, fine until I sent a message at which point the error message appears again.
I have not installed AVG on this system so can someone please help me to understand what is going on. I know it's not system threatening but by god its irritating!!!!

xania 09:03 29 Oct 04

This dll relates to Outlook, so its hardly surprising that it comes up when you do something with your e-mail. click here for a thread on this. What is surprising us that this has occurred on a new installation - so the question is what else are you installing that could damage Outlook. click here has a download which claims to fix any dll problems - might be worth a look. If this solves the problem, but introduces a new one, you may have found the culprit.

Octoz 10:15 29 Oct 04

Xania

Many thanks for your input. I will try this when I get home.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…