Phantom diallers

jack 10:30 12 Feb 06

My daughter reports horrendous phonebill with 0900 number and long calls to Chile[of all places]
It seems you may have been afflicted with one of phone scams that were prevelent a year or so ago.
I have not heard much about them of late thus though they had been put paid too by the industry.

I have searched our database , for a remedy but have not come up with the correct name for the topic because nothing has turned up so far.
Any pointers please?

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:44 12 Feb 06

click here

click here

click here

will help. If she was to go on broadband there would be no problem as dialers do not work on it. there is also a free [programme that will alert you if a dialer is present and I'm sure someone will link ity here. She will have to pay up though.

G

spuds 10:53 12 Feb 06

If your daughter's on a BT line, then this may help click here

I would suggest that she also seeks advice from Ofcom click here

Mikè 11:01 12 Feb 06

Install this program click here it runs in the system tray and monitors the dial-up connections, I use it because although I'm on adsl I still have a modem installed/connected.

pj123 11:49 12 Feb 06

Maybe worth your daughter ringing her phone provider and getting them to bar all premium rate calls.

I am on NTL cable phone and Broadband and like Mikè still have an analogue modem installed. This is used mainly for sending faxes but I still have a dialup account with AOL in case my BB goes down.

I don't have any problems with diallers (so far) because I have got NTL to bar all premium rate calls (costs £1 per month), plus the fact that my analogue modem is only ever plugged in to the phone line when I need to use it.

jack 11:51 12 Feb 06

Thank you for all those.
Will now go and give machine a seeing too.
J

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…