pfd editing freeware

mrica 13:21 18 Sep 03

Does anyone know of downloadable freeware that will edit an existing pdf file? I wish to move pages around in an existing downloaded pdf file created by someone else.

Watermans

Wak 15:41 18 Sep 03

I think the reason for, and the beauty of, any PDF file is that it cannot be messed about with or edited by anyone else except the originator who will have the original PDF designing pogram.
I think the only way you can alter someone else's PDF file is to print it out then scan it using an OCR program in order to create your own document file. You can then, if required, recreate your own PDF file.
If I'm wrong, I'm sure some kind soul will correct me.

AndySD 15:44 18 Sep 03

As far as I know yes thats right..... as long as they havent passworded printing as well.

alcudia 15:50 18 Sep 03

This will convert them to Word files click here but isn't free.
You will need Jaws or similar to convert them back again. Still not free, but together are considerably cheaper than Acrobat.

john-232317 16:05 18 Sep 03

Theres a link on here click here

Wak 21:40 18 Sep 03

Forgot to mention that there is the FreeEasy_PDF program from click here which will produce PDF files for FREE.
Downside??? there's a one line advert at the top of each page. Well, what do you expect for nothing!
I've used it and it's not bad at all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…