Peterkins Video card

Peterkins777 13:31 19 Oct 08

Hi everyone, I received my 8600 GT video card and thanks to members here installed it Ok, Today I thought I would play a DVD video and all I could get was a lot of flickering, I don't get this at any other time, anyone got any ideas? Peter

MAT ALAN 20:23 19 Oct 08

click here

Could be a codec issue, K-lite will play beermats...

Peterkins777 21:07 19 Oct 08

Hi Mat, I'm afraid I don't understand a word of your post. I am computer challenged, can you explain in simple language that even an old idiot like me can understand Many thanks Peter

mocha 21:45 19 Oct 08

Hi Peterkins777,

What MAT ALAN is saying is that your computer may not have the correct program to play your DVD video.

A codec is a device or program capable of encoding and/or decoding a digital data stream or signal eg DVD Video.

If you download his link and install this program on your computer it may well solve your problem.

K-Lite which MAT is suggesting you to download is an excellent Free Media Player.

Mocha.

MAT ALAN 23:32 19 Oct 08

Nicely put mocha, thanks for the input...

Peterkins777 10:42 20 Oct 08

Hi everyone, many thanks for the replies. I downloaded K-lite and everything is working ok. once again many thanks Peter

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced