Pests

AubreyS 17:02 03 Oct 03

Evening all. I have just installed PestPatrol. How good is it and how much notice should you take of the advice it gives?

AndySD 17:10 03 Oct 03

The free version?

If so then it wont remove anything and something like Adaware or spybot are free and will remove the problems. If its the full version then let it sort out the spyware etc for you.

-pops- 17:12 03 Oct 03

I would never do as you have done, I'm afraid.

I never install software without fully knowing what it is supposed to do and how good it is at doing that.

AndySD 17:15 03 Oct 03

Pops

Pest Control is a good program and does its job well... the free version though just tells you what it finds and doesnt remove if.... Its just a way of advertising the program.

AubreyS 17:17 03 Oct 03

Hi Andy. It is the full version. Pops, you are absolutely right, I wouldn't normally do it either. I think I saw some info a while back about it and a lot of people said that they use it. Thanks for the info.

keenan 17:27 03 Oct 03

what you need is here click here

AubreyS 17:30 03 Oct 03

Hi Keenan. So are you saying that you would not use PestPatrol?

AndySD 17:42 03 Oct 03

It looks like this click here if so then most will be cookies. But select all the ones it says as pests and click Delete.

keenan 17:44 03 Oct 03

I use 'spyblaster' which runs silently in the background.
Then scan using 'spybot' and 'ad aware' regularly
what one dose,nt pickup the other will.
I had no problems ,re conflicts etc with either.

hope this helps :)

AubreyS 17:50 03 Oct 03

Thanks Andy. That is the version that I have. Thanks Keenan, it goes help. I have already installed pestpatrol (stupid thing to do then ask questions later!) I'll see how I get on with it then if I don't I'll try your suggestions.

AubreyS 17:54 03 Oct 03

"goes help" should be DOES help... DOH!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…