Personal Folders in Outlook 2003

douglas1973 01:35 03 Nov 06

For some strange reason I have two Personal Folders in Outlook 2003. The have exactly the same size subfolders and must be stored in the same file as there is no other similar file (C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook \Outlook.pst). This file is very large (994,000 KB) and it would be nice to reduce the size. Can I safely delete one of the two Personal Folders and if so how?

picklefactory 06:12 03 Nov 06

What's in it? If it is a duplicate folder with identical content, then I doubt there would be much of an issue in deleting it. If not, and it contains data you wish to keep, maybe you could transfer what you need to archive, and delete the rest.

douglas1973 00:08 05 Nov 06

Thanks picklefactory.
The content of the duplicate Personal Folder has exactly the same content as the original Personal Folder. As sugested I have tried to delete the duplicate Personal Folder (with some trepidation) but cannot do so. How do I do it? Right clicking it does not give the option of deleting it and there is nowhere in the File or Edit menus that give the option.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…