Personal display picture in MSN6

AragornUK 11:39 18 Sep 03

Not a major problem, but it is indirectly causing me grief by association - a condition a lot of you will know about.

A friend of mine recently installed MSN6, and decided he liked the display picture idea (odd, I have it disabled here). However, every time he logs on to Windows the picture changes to the inbuilt 'horses' one, no matter how often he changes it. We decided to delete all pics except the one he wanted, and now it defaults to no picture at all.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so, how did you solve it cos I'm getting a headache now. OS is XP Pro, and I looked through the registry for some reference to the display picture, but no look there.

Any ideas welcome, cos I'm getting to a point I want to throttle him ;o)

AragornUK 11:41 18 Sep 03

"no look there"??? DOH!! I of course meant "no luck there"

AL D. 11:43 18 Sep 03

is this any help to you..

click here

AragornUK 11:47 18 Sep 03

Cheers AL D but as is the case with MS Help systems these days, it doesn't tell you how to correct a problem, just how to do something in the first place. I looked through the MSN6 'help' but found nothing useful, and couldn't find a related topic in the MS Knowledgebase either - there's a surprise. Cynical? Me? Never.

Thanks again though. Any other thoughts anyone?

AL D. 11:49 18 Sep 03

are all the boxes ticked in " my display options"?
go to tool/then options.

AragornUK 11:58 18 Sep 03

Assuming you mean "My Display Picture" under the Personal Tab of the Options page, Yup...all ticked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…