a person at norton anti virus took over control wi

andy63walsh 08:26 22 Jan 09

a person at norton anti virus took over control of my laptop, to help me download and fix stuff, 1st was a program to do it remote, how do i delete that software, i can't remember what it was called. I worry someone can take over with out me knowing ?

MAJ 09:26 22 Jan 09

If Microsoft's own built-in software wasn't used, then it could be any number of applications like, Teamviewer, Crossloop or VNC. List the programs in your add/remove programs screen and someone should be able to pick it out. Which Operating System are you using, XP or Vista?

andy63walsh 09:35 22 Jan 09

thanks, will look,

wids001 11:17 22 Jan 09

Last night Norton had to reinstall IS2009 on my computer as I had a problem with the Firewall not working. They downloaded 2 programs to my desktop, Norton Removal Tool & the installation program for IS2009. Once completed I just deleted these from the desktop.

andy63walsh 11:42 22 Jan 09

ok thanks

ambra4 11:52 22 Jan 09

“I worry someone can take over with out me knowing?”

You can stop any one from accessing your computer by the following method

Right click on My Computer – Properties – Click Remote Tab – Untick both the Remote

Assistance and Remote Desktop section this way you have to allow access to your computer

LANDCRUISER 12:31 22 Jan 09

Norton uses logmein to do repairs & as they are security minded im sure your pc will be fine,i have this on my pc for a long time & everything is fine

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…