Persistent-Pop ups

Nonagon 17:42 21 Apr 06

i've downloaded spyware doctor & windows defender ( but i cannot install this ) & and the msn toolbar&panicware pop up stopper but none of them will block pop ups is there any way around this.

remind 17:45 21 Apr 06

Those tools should do the job. What type of pop-ups? What version of Windows? Finally, why can't you install Defender?

Nonagon 18:02 21 Apr 06

Win 2000
Persistent ads for emoticons,joke of the day,world wildlife fund & calendars

the message is:

Windows Defender requires GDI+ load win 2000 security software prerequiite pack ID 63848-to visit a list of all installations visit ms site

I don't know what that means

iscanut2 18:06 21 Apr 06

Windows Defender needs Win XP with Service Pack 2 installed, so it won't run on win 2000.

remind 18:10 21 Apr 06

click here
Spywareblaster, update, Enable All Protection.
SpyBot, update, immunize,scan.

ade.h 18:15 21 Apr 06

Actually, Win Defender does work with Win2000, provided you have SP4 (which you should anyway) click here Not sure why it would fail to install.

Don't you use Firefox by the way? No pop-ups, especially with NoScript installed.

Nonagon 18:34 21 Apr 06

don't really know what firefox is!

Nonagon 18:42 21 Apr 06

i re downloaded win sp4 and tried to install win defender but got same outcome as described above .I ran spyware blaster & Spy Bot from above site -awaiting outcome.

ade.h 19:42 21 Apr 06

"Don't really know what firefox is!"

??!!

click here You won't get any more website pop-ups. Oh, and it makes IE look like the archaic unimaginative effort that it is.

Nonagon 16:33 27 Apr 06

I know ade.h that it might seem impossible that someone doesn't know what one of the most famous serch engines around is -I've never heard of opera etc. either-that's because if something works for me I stick with it -the cyber world is a scary place to me.

any way I uninstalled spybot,msn tool bar,panic ware and windows defender and went back to the way I was and I rarely get a pop up now- its a funny old cyber world.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…