Persistent Pop-ups

ened 06:34 22 Apr 04

Several times a dayI get pop-ups from gamesplayground.com. It tries to make me install something and keeps recurring as soon as I close it. This happens about a dozen times then it leaves me alone for a few hours before trying again.
I have gone to Security settings and entered it into the Restricted Sites.
Anybody got any idea how to stop it?

LeadingMNMs 07:16 22 Apr 04

Try downloading and runnning Ad-Aware, it may be that something already on your computer is causing it to appear. click here

VoG II 07:30 22 Apr 04

Or are they Messenger Service click here

click here

ened 08:18 22 Apr 04

LeadingMNMs
I have done that and ....so far so good.
Thanks

User-312386 08:20 22 Apr 04

if the "pop up" is a big grey box then its messenger pop up, if it is a big grey one then follow VoG™'s links

end 09:11 22 Apr 04

you COULD try click here
I have GuardIE on here (am very much a "novice" at computing compared to the folks on this forum); am told that the Guardwall is the next bit up from the GuardIE. the GuardIE stops everything except what YOU allow and can be configuerd to your reguirements. I find it msot effective. when you HAVE chosen a programe and installed it, try THIS to check ITS effectiveness,
click here
my system "passes" ALL the tests with no problems....
choice is yours.....

ened 16:14 22 Apr 04

Thanks for all your comments - I followed LeadingMNMs lead this morning and that problem has not recurred.
I will sign this one off.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…