persistent error popup

Muergo 14:53 14 Jul 09

Every time I start Windows I get an error " svchost.exe" appears, says reort is being sent.
There are so many entries of this type, I don't know which one is not working.
It does not seem to affect any of the programs I am running, that is to say that it may be, but I am not aware of it.
How important is it, is there a possibility that it is connected by my inability to get System Restore to work except in Safe mode?

OTT_Buzzard 15:37 14 Jul 09

Windows Event Viewer is a good place to start (Start-Run-eventvwr). On the left hand side, look under Administrative Events for errors / warnings that occur corresponding to a time that you boot up the PC (there may be a few of them).

There are a lot of Services that depend on an svchost process (i.e. a Service Host Process).

Muergo 19:00 15 Jul 09

You aren't kidding that there are many programs that depend on svchost, in Event viewer I have a couple of screenfuls of entries for one day only, how do i work out which one is at fault?
It only comes up on restarting, then whatever it is , switches off and sends report.

OTT_Buzzard 20:08 15 Jul 09

That's an easy one then....make a note of the time on your PC, restart it then go into event viewer and look for times coinciding with the restart....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac