Permissions problem

One Old Git 20:38 PM 10 Jul 11

I log into my laptop (running W7). I am the only user and as far as I can tell it logs me in as administrator. I open the C: hard drive and try to open the Documents and Settings folder. A window opens to tell me Access Denied. I doesn't tell me anything else. I have tried right clicking on this folder and going to Properties. It tells me that Adminstrator has full control. I go back and try again. I still get Access Denied.

Any ideas please? It's so frustrating not being able to access this folder.

ams4127 21:15 PM 10 Jul 11

Go to Control Panel - User Accounts.

Make sure you are logged in as administrator. If not, then change the account type.

Strawballs 22:02 PM 10 Jul 11

Go to control panel users and check you are administrator or try right clicking and see if run as administrator is on the list

retep888™ 23:36 PM 10 Jul 11
  One Old Git 16:03 PM 15 Jul 11

Thanks for your help folks. Looks very useful. Have had to deal with an urgent matter. Hope to get back to this matter shortly.

rdave13 16:53 PM 15 Jul 11

Even easier way to take ownership

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to watch Adobe Max 2015: See Adobe unveil new Creative Cloud features for Photoshop,…

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…