Permanent discolouration on monitor

steve0 18:27 19 Apr 04

A friend of mine has an IIyama 450 monitor. He has noticed that an area in the botton right corner of the screen has a green tinge to it. He had been using a microphone near there so I thought it might be due to a magnetic field. Anyhow, he has tried the degaus on the monitor, and it briefly removes the discolouration, only for it to come back after several seconds. Is there any other thing to do other than return it for a service?

AndySD 19:38 19 Apr 04

If its less than 3 years old then contact IIyama click here

anon1 20:07 19 Apr 04

You could still be right about magnetism. Make sure that there are no speakers nearby specially hi fi speakers (you know the big ones) I once had the same problem with a tv screen and after moving the speakers it took some time for the screen to return to normal.

steve0 20:01 21 Apr 04

Thanks Anon - turns out my friend had some small but powerful Sony speakers near to monitor - have removed these and last degaus has cured problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…