Peripherals

Skinn 00:06 24 Dec 04

Having bought the PC I now need:

An all-in-one
A Firewire
An external hard drive to back up to.

Any recommendations for any of the above and the best place to buy?

Thanks,

Skinn

woodchip 00:13 24 Dec 04

Well I built my own USB2. Got a Case from Computer Fair £22 and a 200Gb Seagate Barracuda from Ebuyer very cheap click here

THE TERMINATOR 01:30 24 Dec 04

Dont get an all in one(cartridges will cost too much)ie£26), get a cannon i450 or i350 printer(cartridges £2.99 for black & £3.49 for colour from Morrisons), and a cannon scanner LIDE 35
. Norton Internet security2005 will give you a firewall, virus checker, spam buster & other programs.

Skinn 11:25 24 Dec 04

Terminator,

The thing is I need to take photocopies of documents. With regard to Anti-Virus, it comes with E-Trust pre-installed - is this any good? When it is due for renewal, I was going to use free AVG from Grisoft. I believe there is a Firewall within indows XP - is this not sufficient? If not, I was going to use free ZoneAlarm??

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:43 24 Dec 04

Use Zone alarm it blocks incomming and outging.

Windows firewall only blocks incomming.

woodchip 11:45 24 Dec 04

Is your Computer a Medion by any chance???
Yes use it until it runs out then get Avast it's free AV better an AVG click here
You have to renew each year but it still remains free.

PS I have bought a Medion Desktop and Laptop during this year.

Skinn 11:49 24 Dec 04

Woodchip,

No it is an iQon AMD Semperon 3000+.

Fruit Bat,
May seem like a silly question but why would I need to block outgoing?

Skinn

Skinn 21:11 30 Dec 04

Further to my original post, I need an all-in-one for photocopying, printing and scanning. Can anyone recommend a good one and where to buy it?

Also, where to buy a Firewire and External Hard Drive?

Thanks in advance,

Skinn.

CHAIRLEG 22:41 30 Dec 04

I have a Hp 1350 psc and have had good service from it.The software that comes with it is good as well.Price approx £120 .Got mine from PCW who have got a sale on at the moment so may be on offer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…